Map out a 30, 60, 90-day plan and set goals with your manager. For anyone looking to start as an SDR, it is critical that you set expectations upfront with your manager and the overall sales organization. Below are some goals and resources that will hopefully help.
- Get on the phones and start dialing. Experience is the best practice.
- Meet with everyone on the sales team
- Ask lots of questions, take notes, and find a great mentor internally
- Meet the marketing, product, and engineering team. You will be working with all of the teams, make sure you meet as many people as possible
- Work towards setting your first five meetings
- Read and learn as much as you can with resources outside your company. Many of our are frequently attending meetups, networking, and talking with other sales leaders in the community
- Ramp up to 100 calls per day
- Know your product and lead all discovery/intro calls
- Give input on prospective ICPs and Buyer Personas
- Hit your meeting goals
- Gather feedback from your team
- 100 calls per day minimum
- Work with your manager to establish new goals for your next quarter
Don’t forget that managing up is a key part of being successful! If you are having trouble landing a new role, check out our paid fellowship!